Solved

IDENTITY_INVOICE_INFO_API to be read only for supplier, update for customer

• 29 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Both Customer and Supplier have tabbed screens ‘Invoice’ for LU IdentityInvoiceInfo.

If I want a permission set to view the Customer > Invoice as read-only, but Supplier > Invoice as read/write, is that possible?

I have tested different options but not found the right one within the permission set detail (have been editing the ‘Database Objects’ but they seem to be linked for Customer/Supplier eg both must be read only or both must be read/write.

Any solution?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by AkilaR 30 July 2021, 06:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @NRTDENISEL ,

Yes, I have noticed it, too.

Alternatively, you can make the fields read-only for the set of user profiles (or a base profile) in the required entity (supplier » Invoice or Customer » Invoice)

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @NRTDENISEL,

The reason for above issue is both Supplier and Customer is using same API calls to create new, modify or delete records. Therefore it is unable to maintain read only ability through permission for only one window. As a workaround you can  follow below solution.

Create two dummy Permission sets for Customer Read only and Supplier Read Only. Then grant these permissions to the users who you want to block the modify or write ability in Customer or Supplier Invoice tab respectively. Then Create two new custom events to block the save which will trigger at Save point and fire for all three conditions (New, Modify and Delete). This event should check party type of the record being saved and based on party type check if the above permissions are granted to end user and if both these conditions are met true your event will trigger and user will not be able to save the record.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks @AkilaR , yes that is what I thought and am pleased that someone has confirmed it for me. Many thanks for taking the time.  Denise