Question

I & J vouchers type matching

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Currently when finally posting a supplier invoice the J number is different from the original I

This sometimes causes confusion when one colleague looks at report of J vouchers and asks a colleague who looks at I

How do we line these up so that I & J match.  Is there a time when we can do this i.e month end to avoid any issues?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @SMcLees,

Please check whether the below option available in Company window /Invoice tab would meet your requirement.

‘Same No Preliminary and Final Supplier Invoice’

Best Regards,

Sachin

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

A check box ‘Same No Preliminary and Final Supplier Invoice’ eists in Company Level. 

Please consider also the help function: ‘If this check box is selected, the same voucher number will be used for both preliminary supplier invoices, connected to function group I, and for final posting of supplier invoices, connected to function group J. If the check box is not selected, the preliminary invoices will get a voucher number from a series connected to function group I and the final posting of the invoice will get the next available voucher number from a series connected to function group J. You must use manual allotment for voucher type J in order to use the same number for a preliminary and a final supplier invoice voucher, see the Define Voucher Types window. This check box cannot be selected if the Use Voucher Number Series per Period check box is selected in the Company/Accounting Rules/General Data tab.’

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @SMcLees,

You can use the option which @Sachin Vithanage  has mentioned and to answer your second question, I believe it’s better to tick this checkbox at the opening of an accounting year (Ex: 2022) to avoid any voucher number series issues. And also make sure that you have finally posted all supplier invoices before you enable this functionality. 

Thanks & best regards,

Buddhika

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

for every J voucher in columns Voucher Type Reference and Voucher No Reference, you can also find infromation about I voucher related to given J voucher.

Best regards,

Adam

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi,

As I understand you are referring to voucher no I and J created for the same supplier invoice. Normally voucher no I is for invoice creation and if the invoice goes to ‘prelposted’ status and while it transferring  to ‘Posted’ status that will happen through J voucher. Therefore J voucher will not create for all invoices. Hope this clarification would be useful.

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @SMcLees 

Please check the current setting of the voucher series with function group J, before enabling the  “Same No Preliminary and Final Supplier Invoice” in the company window.

Scenario 1: if it is already used with the “Automatic Allotment” check box unticked, sometimes you could get the voucher exists error when final posting the invoices. So better to enable that functionality in the next accounting year as @Buddhika Nanayakkara suggested.

if it is already used with the “Automatic Allotment” check box ticked, you may have to check the “next voucher number” of voucher series which belong to function group I and J.

Scenario 2: If the “Next Voucher Number” of voucher series (function group J) is equal or less than the “Next voucher number” of voucher series (function group I), you can make this change without any issues even from current accounting year.

Scenario 3: If the “Next Voucher Number” of voucher series (function group J) is greater than the “Next voucher number” of voucher series (function group I), sometimes you could get the voucher exists error message when final posting the invoice. So better to enable that functionality in the next accounting year as @Buddhika Nanayakkara suggested.

Note:

if you want to enable this functionality for scenario 1 and 3 from the current accounting year, we may have to adjust the next voucher number of voucher series (function group I) via data repair.

Thanks and regards,

Viraj

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

hi @SMcLees 

In addition to the above solution, you can check the related I & J voucher information from the inv_accounting_row_tab.

Maybe you can use the following query directly in the database or quick report.
Query:

select i.company,
       i.invoice_id,
       i.invoice_no,
       i.series_id,
       i.state,
       (Select Distinct voucher_type || '^' || voucher_no
          from inv_accounting_row inv
         where invoice_id = i.invoice_id
           AND exists (SELECT 1
                  FROM voucher_type_detail_tab
                 WHERE company = inv.company