Solved

How to delete an organization position that's obsolete

• 28 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We have an organization position that’s used in a matrix organization structure for two companies which is not used. There are no employees assigned to this position.

When trying to delete it, the error ‘The Company Position ":P1" is used by another object/s.’ is displayed and when checking the business logic, I can see that there is a record in business_unit_relation_tab which is preventing the deletion and popping up of the said error.

I’m struggling to remove this from the application as I can’t find a window from where to access business_unit_relation_tab record. 

Is there any documentation on how to delete an unnecessary organization position? Or someone who has done this before? I couldn’t find anything relevant in the F1 Help.

TIA

icon

Best answer by Wayne Handley 3 February 2021, 15:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

As a rule you are not meant to remove used organisation positions. These will have transactional data in them that is held in the database. 

You will have to make them obsolete buy entering a valid to date. if you don't want to see them in the org chart you can select the ‘exclude form organization chart’ box.

Hope this helps 

Wayne 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thanks @Wayne Handley I tried it out and it worked.