Solved

How can we set up company and finance set up as per the below business scenario?

• 9 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

One of our customers have different branches in different cities. And those branches will be sending out financial data separately to the entity. Then the final entity will be preparing financial statements. How can this business case can be facilitated in IFS?

icon

Best answer by Shanuka Lashan 9 January 2023, 06:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Kushan,

You need to use Site and Company set up concepts in parallel when setting up this.
Sites are used to indicate physical location related activities with relate to Supply chain and Manufacturing maintenance etc related activities.

Company concept in IFS is used to handle the financial related activities. In your scenario, since there are branches in different cities which makes separate perform separate financial activities and logistical activities, my suggestion will be to have separate companies to handle the financial activities and having separate sites to handle the logistical and physical location related activities. Then the companies can be connected to sites through the Site window as I have mentioned below.

I hope this will help to resolve your doubts.

Kind regards,
Shanuka.

Badge +1

Thank you for your constructive answer. 

Cheers,

Kushan