Question

Group Consolidation - Historical Consolidation Rates

• 19 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I’m trying to setup the Historical Rate Consolidation to ensure that certain balances in the consolidation are retained at the historical rate. I have setup the Historical Rate Consolidation page for the accounts in question but when running the consolidation process I’m expecting posting controls GCP23 and GCP24 to be triggered to make the relevant adjustment, however  no vouchers are being created.

What setup is required to ensure these posting controls are triggered on consolidation.

Thanks!

1 reply

Badge +4

Hi, 

As per the details given, I believe that you have set up the ‘historical rates’ window properly. 

Assuming that, main reason why the posting controls are not to be triggered is not ticking the ‘apply consolidation historical rates’ check box in ‘consolidation status’ window. 

Please refer the attached screenshot for your easy reference. 

Above correction should ideally solve your problem. However, if you notice that check box is already ticked, that brings to the conclusion that you have missed something in the historical rates window. 

e.g. - check whether you have selected all the required code part values, as per the entity. 

e.g. check whether you have selected the correct node etc.. 

Hope this will help you to clear out your problem. 

Thanks,

Thushan Wijayawickrama