Question

Gl transation to auditor - Cloud

Badge +2

Cloud Sweden

Need to send all GL transaction to the auditors in  CSV  file (quartely) . Any one that have done this in cloud?

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If you utilize the business reporter tool, you can convert a saved file to csv.   

If you do not, you can export a filtered query of the GL transactions.

IFS Cloud also has a GL transaction report.   

Badge +2

Its MANY transaction - they need all transaction

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I image it is a significant volume of transactions.

I would suggest a scheduled Business Reporter Report or possibly a monthly export of the transactional data that can be merged and sent to the required authority.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,
you can also use the Audit Interface. You need to setup a Report type for the country. If you use gdpdu (which is mainly used in germany) the export of the will be a csv file and a xml which describes the content of the columns.

The Audit Source GEN_LED_VOUCHER_ROW will contain ALL GL transactions of the chosen year.

The result of the ouput will look like this.

You might also benefit from the possibility to run the export as a background job since it can take a lot of time to export all GL Lines.

Regards

Ralph

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I was just about to post the same.  Consider audit interface.  It’s a nice tool for what you need. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +1

This thread was very helpful!  This has been a major struggle for us every year and I didn’t know about the audit interface feature!  The problem I am running into is that to run this for 1 full month of transactions it takes longer the 15 minutes and we have a system wide block in place to time out queries like this that take longer than that amount of time.  It generates when I only do one or two days, but not the full month.  

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Any advice or thoughts on how to get around this?

Larissa

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Larissa,

to export all gl transaction of a month can take quite some time. Thats why most customer run it as a background job.  Usually this will not cause problems. In case you run them online, your workstation might not respond as long as the export is running.If you have system wide block while running this function as a background job I would suggest to raise a ticket.

Regards

Ralph

Badge +1

@Ralph Gericke We are making progress!  We now are running them as scheduled jobs and then I have been retrieving the files from “Batch Processed Audit Files”.  When I run this for one business day the number of rows on the text file exactly matches the number of rows when I query the screen and count hits.  When I run the audit job for one month or more it seems like it is always stopping around 100K lines on the text file.  When I count hits for one month it is like 800K.  Do you (or anyone else) have any idea why the file is stopping half way through.  Is making this a background job different that using the ‘schedule’ feature?  

Thanks for your help!

Larissa

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Larissa,
thats good to hear. I experienced sometime trouble if the space for saving the data temporarily is not big enough. (I think the term was tablespace) One of your database experts should be able to identify and extend them. What i am not sure about is if there is a limitation in IFS Cloud when downloading the file. 

Depending on the number of transactions it might make sense to export only one month as you already realized.

Regards
Ralph

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I just would like to add that there was/is a limitation in Applications 10 when using the IFS Enterprise Explorer client and the ouput channels. Indeed the limit is 100.000 lines there. If you are still facing this issue in IFS Cloud I would suggest to raise a ticket 

Regards
Ralph