Solved

GL Not Updating Automatically

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello,

Our GL is not updating automatically. 

When checking the GL Voucher Rows Analysis, I see that we are missing dates. But when a user performs a manual ‘Update GL Voucher’, it then populates the the GL Voucher Rows Analysis with the previous dates that were missing right after the manual update date. 

For example, were missing 3/20, 3/21 GL data in GL Voucher Rows Analysis. When performing a manual GL update on 3/22, it will then show the data for 3/20,3/21 in GL Voucher. 

How can I have the GL update automatically? 

We have a task scheduler that is suppose to update the GL automatically, but it is not doing its job. Why did it stop updating the GL automatically?

Is it due to the accounting year not being updated to 2023? 

Or the USER ID not being updated to recent accounting users? 

Thank you for the help! 

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 22 March 2023, 17:21

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I think it’s got to do with both, users and accounting year. Best to create a new schedule for the current year, using the latest details.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We also have a second task for ‘General Ledger Update2’

I believe this was set up to post auto GL from our overseas facility with a different time zone. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I think it’s got to do with both, users and accounting year. Best to create a new schedule for the current year, using the latest details.

Could you give me more information on the USER ID Parameter and what it is doing? Could it be that the system is not running this task because both of the users defined in the USER ID Parameter are inactive accounts? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

This is a commonly a “user” scheduled process.   If you select the IFS process update general ledger, you can see an option to schedule.   That option to schedule saves the selection options. 

Based on the provided screen image - yes only 2022 will be included within the update.  

You should consider a new scheduled job. Make sure the schedule includes the appropriate year. 

Best regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The user IDs don’t have to be active but the user frmo and to, should alphabetically include all the users.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi, 

This is a commonly “user” scheduled process.   If you select the IFS process update general ledger, you can see an option to schedule.   That option to schedule saves the selection options. 

Based on the provided screen image - yes only 2022 will be included within the update.  

You should consider a new scheduled job. Make sure the schedule includes the appropriate year. 

Best regards

Could you give me more information on the USER ID Parameter and what it is doing? 

Could I just go ahead and update the existing schedules tasks with the correct information without having to create new ones? 

Having a accounting year of 2022 would just include account year 2022 information, but not necessarily stop the scheduled task from running its daily schedule? 

Thank you for the help! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

The user IDs don’t have to be active but the user frmo and to, should alphabetically include all the users.

Can you explain this some more? 

So this is just organizing the first user and last user in a alphabetical order? Does this include all users? Or users in accounting? What does this parameter do? 

Thank you :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This includes all users that are “Users per company” and the users that can create postings. I suggest you include all users, hence there is no danger in adding more of them. This schedule updates GL vouchers created by users defined in the selection criteria, it doesn't grant extra access to these users.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

This includes all users that are “Users per company” and the users that can create postings. I suggest you include all users, hence there is no danger in adding more of them. This schedule updates GL vouchers created by users defined in the selection criteria, it doesn't grant extra access to these users.

@Thomas Peterson @Ieva Rituma 

Is there another way to have GL update automatically/best practice? 

Even though it is set to accounting year 2022, wouldn’t still proceed to update the GL daily and automatically with this scheduled task? 

Or do you think that it is not updating automatically due to the accounting period being wrong? 

Shouldn’t I be able to see the GL Voucher Rows Analysis updated daily after the scheduled GL update task? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The schedule will only update vouchers as per the selection criteria (year and users). If it’s set to 2022, then it won’t include any vouchers created this year.

You can either amend the existing schedule or create a new one. 

Creating a schedule is the best way to automate the GL Update and is designed to do exactly that.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

The schedule will only update vouchers as per the selection criteria (year and users). If it’s set to 2022, then it won’t include any vouchers created this year.

You can either amend the existing schedule or create a new one. 

Creating a schedule is the best way to automate the GL Update and is designed to do exactly that.

Every new year, this accounting period in the scheduled GL Update has to be updated  manually to the new accounting period basically? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You can create a schedule from 2023 until 2099.