Solved

GL Analysis

• 19 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Team,

How to segregate the revenue generated from different services in GL Analysis when using same account for all of them.

Ex: I am using same Revenue Account 160000 for capturing the revenue generated from different Services. Types of Services are Repairs, Field Service & AMC.

Account 160000- Revenue from Repairs

160000- Revenue from Field Service

160000- Revenue from AMC

Now in GL level, I want to determine how much revenue has been generated per Service i.e. Segregation of Revenue per Service.

Request you to please help me on this.

Thanks,

Rakesh

icon

Best answer by Sachin Vithanage 19 August 2021, 12:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Rakesh ,

One way of achieving this requirement would be, allocating a separate code part and defining code part values for each revenue sources. Then, these code part values can be connected when entering revenue transactions. After that, you should be able to query the  account balance in GL balance analysis using the defined code part as a filtering option.

However, if identifying and monitoring the revenue source is a key business requirement, allocating separate accounts for each revenue source in the relevant posting control setup would be a much more simplified approach.

Hope this explanation helps you.

Best Regards,

Sachin 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Sachin Vithanage 

Thank u so much for the response.

As per the business requirement they want to keep the same account for all the services revenue.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Sachin Vithanage 

All the service revenues are generated through Customer Order.

In CO window, how can we connect the Cost Center?

Thanks,

Rakesh

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Rakesh ,

You can first enable the below posting control.

Then, you can RMB the CO line > preposting > connect the required code part

Best Regards,

Sachin