Solved

gift cards

• 26 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Is there in our IFSAPP10 application any possibility to use functionality of gift cards? What should user set in  any settings (and where)?

icon

Best answer by VivekBhandiwad 26 July 2023, 08:23

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear @Marcin Szczurek 

1. Who are the gift cards intended for?  Employees , Customers, prospects?
  2. Normally , these are purchased as a non inventory, and expensed off. If these are to be couriered, even that is a service / petty cash expense. They are not essential to be tracked and are a business consumable used for boosting employee morale or prospecting in campaigns, events etc. 
  3. If at all it is needed to track, then the following can be adopted:
    1. For Employee: Enter a Employee Property line ( as Gift card _ 2023, 2022 etc , yearwise, if needed )  and record what was provided as a text.
    2. For Prospects:  Track this in the Marketing campaigns as a task ( Issue Gift card
    3. For Customers ( in case of promotions, during specific sales ) , then add as a non inventory sales part at zero sales price, in the customer order, for that campaign, period.

Hope this helps. Let me know your thoughts.

regards

Vivek

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi,

I assume that you need it for sales orders. You can define %100 discount code and name it gift card. But you have intention to assign customers a gift card with a validity date and unique gift card etc. Then I don’t think that standard solution has such a capability. Maybe you can have a look to retail solution.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks Vivek for such quick response. Yes this must be directed to employees. I will check this menu: Enter a Employee Property line ( as Gift card _ 2023, 2022 etc , yearwise, if needed )  and record what was provided as a text.

BR

Marcin Szczurek

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello Vivek.

Please look into attached file and give me a response

BR

Marcin Szczurek

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear @Marcin Szczurek 

yes this is the screen. But instead of just one field called Gift card, you could expand it into multiple line entries , year wise 

Ex:

Gift_card_2021  ( with validity from 01 Jan to 31 Dec 2021)

Gift_card_2022  ( with validity from 01 Jan to 31 Dec 2022)

Gift_card_2023  ( with validity from 01 Jan to 31 Dec 2023)

and so on year wise.

Thus you will have yearwise history and what was given employee wise. For the past ,if information is available then you can upload it as well :)

I request you to show this to your business team and get a concurrence before implementing in PROD. Will avoid rework.

About the question on being registered..Please refer to my earlier statement about how the gist cards are procured. They are already paid off , when procuring and being paid to the supplier. 

If essential, then you will have to procure for each employee as a seprate line in the PO, with Pre-posting against each employee, thus registering in the Financials of an expense per Employee.

However , the entry in HR in the property field , is only statistical, and not the actual expense as only the gift card is given as a benefit, and not distributed through the salary or the expense reimbursement. This entry, is only to track , whether the gift card was issued or not and not meant for making a financial entry against the employee. 

Additional note: if you have more requirements of Financial accounting, Procurement and HR alignment, its best if this is discussed in detail with the consultants from each stream, and your SMEs from business, as the first answer is given from what options exist ( as a gift card  tracking for employees). To get this aligned on all fronts, best discuss in detail and get the consulting team to design the overall solution. Currently am not sure, if you have employee as a code part, or if you use IFS Payroll ( probably no) and if the gift cards are procured as a non inventory ( in bulk ) or adhoc purchases are made, ( lets say on a birthday ). Based on the detailed insights a detailed solution can be adopted.

Regards

Vivek

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks a lot Vivek!👍

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Vivek.

I'm in talks with the client. They imagine gift cards something different.
Namely, they sell gift cards to their customers (these are prepayment invoices to begin with).
After activating the card, they want purchases to change their bookings from 8% to 7% accounts

Does such a solution work in our application?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear @Marcin Szczurek 

We are now moving from Employees to that of Customers. :-) 

Refer back to my original answer for customers, as well as from @gumabs 

1. If its a sale, then use Customer Order and order line
  2. If its a discount , then use the discount code setup

There is no ready made solution to automate a process, for IF / WHEN and needs to be configured using BPA or the custom events, depending the product version.

Please determine what is this - a discount and when it is appplied

1. During the sale process
  2. OR during the Customer Invoice process.

My opinion from what I read here: If there is a commercial impact and needs to account the net “gift” applied to the customer, I recommend it as a Discount code, and since it is after the sale, you can add the line on the customer invoice, than making any changes to the customer order. 

Another alternate is to offer a credit note back to the customer, equivalent to the gift card. This will eliminate a transaction being update and having value differences on a specific sale. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks a lot Vivek, Yes it was a big misunderstanding Customer’s problem (but at first I had to less information)

BR

Marcin Szczurek