Question

Gap between PO and Invoice

• 13 March 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello, 

On our project, we are experimenting an issue regarding PO/Invoice Matching on the inventory parts.

The inventory parts are set up :

• Inventory Valuation Method : Weighted Average
  • Supplier Invoice Consideration : Transaction Based 

When considering a gap between the PO and the invoice, i would like to apply a tolerance (defined in the company) and authorize automatically. Of course, i don't want to generate an approval workflow for each invoice. Also, i don't want the accountant to manually change each line.

On the posting proposal, the automatic tolerance posting blocked is ticked (below the information) meaning that we can't apply the tolerance applied on the company.

"Automatic Tolerance Posting Blocked

This check box automatically appears selected if automatic tolerance posting is blocked for the posting proposal. Automatic tolerance posting is blocked when the value entered in the Supplier Invoice Consideration field in the Inventory Part window is Transaction Based or Periodic Weighted Average"

Also, I suggested to add a new line (for the gap) and generate an approval workflow based on a maximum amount. That solution doesn't seem to be great either because the inventory value won't be updated.

It's not possitlbe to change the price directly on the PO, as it would generate a bigger workload for the buyers (unreceive the PO and change the price with PO change).

Does anyone have any other alternatives ? Or any CRIM that has been developped in a previous project ? 

Saw this thread, with similar issue...

Thanks, 

Tarek

0 replies

Be the first to reply!