Question

Fixed extra percentage in part price - IFS9

• 4 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Because of the rising of transportation price very often, my financial director sked my if IFS has a way to add an extra percentage to the price (with out use CHARGE option).

Example: Price of part X = 1000. Every time this part is add to a customer order we need that the price be Price (1000$) + 4%.

Does anybody knows a way to do this?

Thanks,

Gianni

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

See the “unit based” charge type.  The charge type can be created and then connected to the sale part. 

The really nice part about unit based charge types is that it support s partial deliveries. For example assume we order 100 and ship 50.  

When the unit based charge type was added to the order assume we add 4% or 4 to the order.   When we deliver the 50 only 50% of the 4 will be on the invoice.  The next invoice when we ship the rest, you will invoice the remaining charge value. 

It’s a good thing.

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Thomas Peterson,

Thanks for answer. I forgot to mention that I am talking purchased parts. Sorry.

Gianni

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,  

OK, Given this is for purchased parts, I assume you want the cost to be increased by the 4 %. Please confirm that this is a costing question and that the need is to increase the cost of a purchased part by the 4%.   Or do you want the price paid to a supplier to increase by 4% (Price increase).    

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

The price paid to a supplier to increase by 4% (price increase).

Thanks,

Gianni

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Ok,  “how to increase the price paid to the supplier”  really depends on how supplier price is set today. 

Are you using supplier for purchase part single price, a price list, purchase agreement, price catalogue etc?    How to change the price really depends on what tools your using. 

Ideally the supplier would send a new price list (as a file) and we load that information into IFS just like you would do for any other price change. 

The procurement section of the community may be best suited for this question.  That section of the community would focus on vendor / relations / purchasing and supplier price maintenance. 

Another option is the IFS external file functionality or the migration job. Both tools can update large numbers of records from a file.   Many postings have been entered for external files and how to use the tool. 

Hope this helps, 

Best regards, 

Thomas