Skip to main content
Question

Fixed Asset purchase when object in active status

• 30 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, I am trying to process a supplier invoice to a fixed asset object that is active. Can you explain the process to me please?

I’ve sorted this problem by adding a new object and linking it back to the original fixed asset. Now I need to know if I have to back out the supplier invoice to change the object ID or can I change it where the erroneous error occurs?

Hi @ABT 

IFS CLOUD
You can create a manual supplier invoice for particular supplier from the below window by filling required basic information relevant to your transaction.

Below is the process of IFSApps10

Manual Supplier invoice.

1. Create a new record. A value appears automatically in the first part of the Invoice Identity field. Today's date appears automatically in the Invoice Date and Arrival Date fields.
  2. Enter the supplier ID in the Supplier field, and then press the tab key. The suppliers name appears automatically. Any other supplier information that was previously entered, e.g., currency, authorizer, due date, planned payment date,  payment terms and payment term base date, also appears automatically. You can change this information, if required.
  3. Enter an invoice number in the second part of the Invoice Identity field.
  4. Select the Advance Invoice check box if the invoice is an advance invoice.
  5. If you plan to enter only one invoice line, enter the invoice amounts in the header of the window, and then press the tab key. An invoice line will be created automatically in the Line Information section. If you want to enter multiple invoice lines, start entering invoice lines directly without updating header amounts. When saving the invoice, the header amounts will be updated automatically. For each invoice line that is subject to tax reporting and/or withholding, be sure to select the appropriate supplier income type, if the correct value does not appear automatically. If you plan to enter multiple invoice lines, see the Enter Supplier Invoice Lines activity description.
  6. If the invoice lines need to be created automatically based on unmatched PO receipts, right click in the Line Information with Totals section and then click Copy Unmatched PO Receipts.
  7. You can now save the invoice directly as a preliminary posting or, if required, continue registration by entering information in the Posting Information section of the window before saving. This is only possible if the company does not use the posting proposal feature.
    Note: If the Create Postings at Invoice Entry check box is not selected on the Company/Invoice tab, the invoice will not be posted automatically when it is saved, and the status will be set to Preliminary. When you post the invoice, if the header and line totals mismatch, a question will be raised, giving an option to copy line totals to header.

“if I have to back out the supplier invoice to change the object ID or can I change it where the erroneous error occurs?”

I think you should change it at the location where the error occurred. This would be the ideal way.

If the above doesn’t succeed you have to cancel the existing invoice and create a new invoice with the correct object ID.

I'm happy to share my advises on this. If you found the answer helpful, could you please mark it as the correct answer? This will allow us to close the thread and make it easier for other community users to find and benefit from in the future.

Regards,

Chanuka