Question

Financial Reporting Excel File

• 9 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello, 

I have question please about financial statements and reporting in IFS.

When I try to extract a trial balance or any other financial reporting statement, I get a pdf file, however I prefer to extract those files as Excel files.

Do you have any ideas how can I achieve this ?

Best regards

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello

There are 3 possible ways to convert a pdf to an excel file. 

Option 1: Create a quick report like below, you can change report id with the one you want. After running your pdf report, go to report archive and copy your result key. Go to quick reports and run the report, paste your result key and it should generate you the report in grid format. If you want you can narrow columns in the select statement.

select*
from mc_cust_det_age_analysis_rep --change with your report
where result_key = '&Result_Key'

This is another sample with latest result key is automatically selected.

select * from ifsapp.CUST_OPEN_ITEM_REP
where result_key=(select max(result_key) from ifsapp.archive where report_id='CUST_OPEN_ITEM_REP')

Option 2: You can create an excel layout with other plugin in report definitions. See one of sample i have created. This needs more technical skills but not impossible.

When you run the report, you will have option excel for output. See sample below. You can find documentation on docs.ifs.com

Option 3: This is not converting pdf to excel but generating originally in the excel. You can use Business Reporter tool to create excel reports. There is documentation for this in the community. This also requires a little bit of technical skills

You can start with option 1 :)

Hope this helps