Question

Financial Projects

• 27 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi All

The below requirement is from a customer.

Could you please advise me on the below requirement.

In order for the Revenue Recognition Process to work every month the Pre Posting Tab in the Financial Project needs to be populated.

There seems to be a pre conception that when the Set up Parameters (Pre posting tab) in the Project Definition is populated this automatically pulls in to the Financial Project.

Every month I have to run 2 reports to check which Financial Projects don’t have preposting lines and update.

Is there a way that this can be automated?  i.e When the Project is set up it automatically pulls in to the Financial Project?

An example of what is happening is below.

IN PROJECT DEFINITION – SET UP PARAMETERS PAGE – PRE POSTING

?name=image001.png

IN FINANCIAL PROJECT MISSING PRE POSTING LINES THAT NEED TO BE MANUALLY ADDED IN ORDER FOR REVENUE RECOGNITION TO RUN AT MONTH END.

?name=image002.png

Best Regards

Razan Ramzy

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Razan,

Revenue recognition (RR) always considers Preposting info on the Financial Project page. The logical reasoning behind this is, that you do revenue recognition for a project so you have to put the pre-posting info here.

If you allow picking from Project Definition/Preposting, it will be difficult as there you can define pre-posting per Sub-project so, which should get copied to Financial Project/Preposting ? 

Therefore, there is no standard functionality here and you will have to go for a CRIM. If you are going to create a CRIM for this, you must consider this behavior also into account.

Gr,
Tharanga 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Agree 100% with Tharanga.   Hypothetically assume 5 different pre-postings on the project management project. Assume a different pre-posting per sub project. This is allowed and common. The IFS Finance project does not consider the sub projects. No matter what pre-posting we copied from the project management project, it would be wrong much of the time. Based on current design, it must be a manual entry.