Question

External Voucher - Original file with DEBIT_AMOUNT and CREDIT_MOUNT filled

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello

I am testing an integration with some lines where both debit and credit are filled… So, I can’t end the integration.

Anybody knows how I can solve my problem?

I don’t have the solution to make substraction between these 2 cases, because I tried to make this operation in “AMOUNT” but when I delete DEBIT_AMOUNT and CREDIT_AMOUNT, there is no surviving value in “AMOUNT”  (because I don’t have this case in the original file), and IFS isn’t able to integrate DEBIT_AMOUNT and CREDIT_AMOUNT on the same line (and it’s right)…

Thanks a lot!

Chris

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Chris,

Are you doing inbound or outbound integration with IFS.

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi

We are doing inbound integration

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Chris,

If you use DEBIT_AMOUNT and CREDIT_AMOUNT, or CURRENCY_DEBIT_AMOUNT & CURRENCY_CREDIT_AMOUNT  and do not pass any value to column id AMOUNT then also IFS allows you to create the voucher and Debit and Credit amount will be automatically updated in IFS on “AMOUNT”  field.

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Sorry but if I keep my debit and credit on the same line, I’ve still the same error message: 

IFS doesn’t make the substraction himself...

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Chris,

By any chance could you be able to share the input file that you are using.

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi 

For sure, yes.

I also put some screens, to make you see what I set up :

(Appel API was only created by our company to go over this problem, it resolved it in fact, but if you have a solution, I take it for future integrations)

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Chris,

As I understood you are trying to load debit and credit amount in one row ?
I'm not sure if it's correct - in IFS you can't post on the credit and debit side in one row. 
Please divide the first line in two lines - seperate for debit and credit amount and try to load it again.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Malgorzata

I’m sure it’s incorrect, you’re right!

This is why I try to use External file columns in “Details” where we are supposed to be able to make restatements to integrate them but it’s not easy…

By the way, our informatic service has modified (after copy) the API to take AMOUNT, excludind DEBIT_AMOUNT and CREDIT_AMOUNT when AMOUNT is filled…

But I really hope for a better solution… And I hope this future solution will help some other IFS users too ;)

Why can’t we exclude these columns without developping the API?

Why can’t IFS easily make the substraction of these columns?…

It’s not even “Financial” but basically Mathematics…

Your “solution” is good for this file, but files are evolutive and I don’t want to have to modify requirements each month, or an “ERP” is not really long-term efficient ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

In External File Template definition, for each field you can use functions (see right click Function Details...). I think you can use it to calculate posting amount as debit minus credit value. But for that purpose I think you need to read debit and credit amounts into dummy columns, which in turn mean you need to create your own custom file type. If you have some time to give a try, perhaps you can reach your target.

I have used these functions once, trying to build my own solution for MT940 file load, and I am not sure if any help material or manual exists with detailed description of available functions. Analysing existing templates (for taxes of bank statements) may give you idea on how to use them. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Adam

Thanks for your help.

I’ll try this when I’ll have the time ;)

For now, I have a solution made by my informatic service.