External voucher and Code string completion - Error or Bug

• 11 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 28 replies

Hi 

Does discover the following problem, that looks to be a bug in IFS 10 and Aurena:

When trying to change a code part value on the loaded external voucher I get the following message:

When looking at the help in the External Voucher Basic Data, this text is shown:

However, If i do check the External voucher (before changing the codeparts) and now try to change the code part i get this error:

It seems impossible to change the values, even the text does state it to be possible.

It looks to be a bug? Can anybody advice of an alternative solution?

Regards Brian 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @BRSA ,

Can you please check whether there is a code string completion conflict between 2 code parts used ? In that case can you try that after changing the externa voucher basic data setup not to check for code string completion and try to check again. Or fix the code string completion conflict.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

There is no conflicts in the codestring completion itself. The background for the issue is, that a code string completion is put on each person ( Code H) in regards to post on a specific department (Code B). However, in some cases, the client will like to change this manually and overrule the Code string completion. However, it seems impossible, even the help text tells it to be possible. 

I looks to be a bug or a mismatch between what is written and what is possible. Are there any work around to this?

Regards

Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Brian,

You are correct. I think there is a mismatch with functionality and the help text. Even if the help text says it is editable, application is trying to override the original or modified code part values with the code string completion and put the load id in error status. According to the help text it should not try to override existing values. 

I think you can raise a ticket for this.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.