Question

External Tax Interface for Canadian Company on App 10

• 7 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

My customer uses external tax system Zip2Tax to interface with their current ERP system Oracle application to look up/pass sales and use tax rate to Oracle. While their US company only uses external tax system to pass sales tax rate to customer order/invoice, their Canadian company uses the external system for both sales tax on customer order and use tax on purchase order.  They are implementing IFS app 10 and will have to replace Zip2Tax with Vertex or Avalara. 

Can anyone tell me if IFS App 10 external tax interface with Vertex/Avalara work for passing Canadian sales tax (GST, PST, HST) to customer order and use tax to purchase (order) for Canadian companies? I cannot find documentation that indicates so. Any power-point slides and documentation I have read so far says customer order side only.

If interface does not exist to pass tax rate onto customer order/PO/invoice for Canadian company, we have to develop interface with their current external tax system or users manually input/track GST/PST/HST on those transactions. This customer is in many states of US and Canada, manual administration of sales/use tax will be a pain.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Lan

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

IFS Help has tons of information on how Avalera and Vertex work.  We have no connection to purchasing. 

Other clients have previously used “other”  tax products  in their old system. rather than creating a new interface, clients have moved to Vertex/ Avalera.   I believe Avalera is now #1 (in the market) and they have very competitive pricing.  I would encourage looking at Avalera (many clients have moved to this product). 

Go to the tax integration area in IFS and see the help.    External Tax System Parameters