Solved

External Supplier Invoice Error - The tax code HSTON does not exist in company 21 or has invalid time interval.

• 30 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

we had a external supplier invoice error - The tax code HSTON does not exist in company 21 or has invalid time interval.

i think system is looking for supplier tax code at company level. but our company does not set supplier tax code at company level but at supplier level. 

so question is, 

1. can we work around?
  2. if we cannot work around, how to fix this issue? shall we have to set the tax code at company level? 
  3. where the exact place to set this supplier tax code at company level?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 30 March 2023, 16:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @ronhu ,

Check if the Valid Until is within the Invoice date of this Tax code in Tax Code basic Data window. You doesn’t required a Tax code in company window to process the External Supplier Invoices. Or Else you can change to a valid tax codes in the External Invoice Line information and Invoice Tax Information which can navigate via RMB options in External Supplier Invoice window.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@AkilaR Thank you for your reply.

regarding tax code, it is in valid date range.

when I RMB on the line to go to the tax line information, tax code HSTON is not in the LOV, which means, system does not recognize HSTON is a valid tax code. why system cannot find the tax code, it is set up in the system and also at supplier level. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@AkilaR

I realized a Due date on external invoice line is way back to 2001, will that be the cause?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

See the tax code, in the screen tax codes and compare the valid from date.   If the tax code is valid from 2023 for example, it did not exist back in 2001, resulting in the error.   For that company, that invoice date, the tax code theoretically does not exist.  It may exist, but probably does not exist (valid from) back to 2001.   In the below Tax code C was valid back to 2015, but a 2014 or earlier date would cause the same error. 

Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@AkilaR 

@Thomas Peterson 

Appreciated your help.