External Payment - matching

• 20 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 10 replies

Hello,

I would like some guidance with Mixed Payments. 

Customer needs to upload Customer Payments through External Payments via csv, so I have created a new File Type. But when I upload the file, it ends in Parked Payment and does not match with the invoice. I am probably missing something or doing something wrong. Any guidance will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Rutuja

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello!  Although I haven’t used the external template, my assumption is that it’s being created as a parked payment as you do not have the customer (payer/Payee Identity) in the file nor that customer’s series id/Invoice/prepayment no the payment is to be matched to.  They are showing blank in your screen shot.    Do you know those details at time of file creation? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

HI Runise,

Please add the payee (customer) in the file template (detail ta) and in the CSV file as well

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

Customer would like to upload only invoice number and when ‘Match & Check All Items’ is performed, the matching should populate the Payee in Payer/Payee Identity and the invoice number in Inv/Prepayment No, similarly also the Series id and Payment reference be populated. In my example I am uploading the invoice number in Identifier reference. Considering this, is there a way to fix this?

Sorry, I should have mentioned this in my query itself.

Kind regards
Rutuja

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I am having the same issue.  Were you able to resolve?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

If it’s only customer payments you need to upload, use the system defined External File Type ExtCustPayment for your template. Then when mapping the columns in the templates for details use Invoice Reference if you want to upload the payments based on the Invoice. If no invoice, then use Identity Reference (this is the Identity Reference on the Customer in the Customer master window) in the columns to map.

Hope this helps.