External Customer Inv. Posting - Accounting Currency Error

• 2 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 3 replies

Hi All - Hope you are well

I have loaded an external data CUSTINV - all good.

However when I check the invoice I get the follow error:

Invoice Amount in Accounting Currency does not match Posting Amounts for Item No 1.

I cant seem to find where the incorrect amount is - any pointers would be great.

I have tried moving figures around!

Best Regards

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @TWM ,

This could happen due to some currency rate differences. Therefore, could you please check on following?

1. Your company’s accounting currency vs Currency appearing in input file
  2. Currency rate appearing in ‘Currency Rates’ window (against relevant ‘currency rate type’) vs relevant rate appearing in input file.

Eg: If my company’s Accounting Currency is SEK, then relevant rate would be as follows,

Note: Currency and currency rate would appear per below order in the relevant input file.

Hope this would be helpful.

Best Regards

Sugandi

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Just a stupid question - if it is customer invoice, perhaps posting should be on credit side (negative amounts)?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

HI All

First thanks for the replies

Adam, yes you are right found out it need negative numbers in the Posting line.

The message is a little misleading 

Regards & Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@TWM ,

When it comes to External customer invoice information, i could notice that value is positive. As this customer invoice, This should be negative.

CURR_AMOUNT and DOM_AMOUNT fields show the sales amount in transaction currency and accounting currency respectively. Therefore you will have to enter the minus sign in front of the amount for both columns/values. As sales results in increase in the income and assets of the entity, assets must be debited whereas income must be credited. Hence sales are treated as credit entries.

Hope this further helps you.