Expense Sheet Error: Valid Position Assignment

• 5 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

Getting the following error when trying to approve an expense sheet:

Expense Sheet

Checked the assignments for the user submitting the expense sheet - Role ID: REG_NO_AUTH is defined for the user. Also checked the API which is causing the error but didn’t help, any ideas, 

Thanks,

R

icon

Best answer by robert_g 8 October 2021, 09:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The error message indicates that the HR - employee side  is not completely set up. The HR employee needs to have a valid position.   

I wish I could tell you how to set this up, but I’m not an HR expert. I always have difficulties setting up that part of IFS. I would hope that you would have a trained HR person part of your project team.  

If not, I’m sure some post on the community - How to set up a valid employee position is listed. 

Sorry I just don’t know IFS HR. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @robert_g ,

Could you please check if your employee has a valid position?

As highlighted in the below screen capture, you can check this via the Employee File ? Employment tab> Assignments> Organisation.

In here check if a position ID is given and whether it is valid and not expired.

Best Regards,
Thanushi​​​​​​​

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @robert_g ,

Could you please check if your employee has a valid position?

As highlighted in the below screen capture, you can check this via the Employee File ? Employment tab> Assignments> Organisation.

In here check if a position ID is given and whether it is valid and not expired.

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Hi,

I have checked the position id and it’s within a valid range. The same goes for the org code, could it be the setup of the position?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @robert_g,

Can you please check in Company Details on the Property tab for the TEAMACCESS parameter setting. It is set to True or False? This setting controls if project time reporting for team members is allowed. I would think this is the setting you want to check. 

Also on the Project record on the General tab there is a checkbox for Project Access On. This also can restrict project time reporting. Please see if any of the project have project access checked/enabled. 

The person logged in must have a valid position assignment in order to register the transaction. You can verify whether this employee has access to the project team that has access to the project.

There has been a similar issue in the past and it has been resolved via this method.

Hope this helps :)

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

This issue was resolved under the company level organization structure. Under the access tab > add person id > set rule for approving expense.