Expense Receipts transfer from App to Main Client

• 3 December 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 42 replies

Hi all, 

Has anyone had any issues recently where TripTracker hasn’t uploaded any of the attached images from a app onto main client IFS. Occurs intermittently - on ‘larger’ claims. 

Using Apps 9. 

Thanks

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Yes. Just recently (last month) a user had this occur for the first time. He has not had this problem with any of his other Trip Tracker expense reports. His was a trip with a large number of line items (27 actually) and attachments, but in other cases with large number of line items, the user does not experience this issue. We are on IFS9 UPD 11. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Yeah seems like an issue! We’re on UPD13! Might have to report to IFS as I’ve tried troubleshooting in many ways. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

The strange thing is that it is intermittent. And there are no error messages or anything in IFS to use in troubleshooting.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I’ve reported this to IFS, I will post more to let you know the outcome. Might be a bug or app might need updated. 

Thanks! 

Kasia 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Kasia, 

We were just about to go live with Trip Tracker when we notice the instability with bigger attachments or large amount expense sheets and decided to wait before release. I logged a call with GSO but they have not been able to help us. We are on Apps9 as well.

Have you had any luck? Was IFS able to help? We are a bit stuck at the moment...

Many thanks,

Anne-Sophie

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Anne-Sophie! 

Definitely wait until your issue is solved, you want to avoid going live with a faulty product. Don;t want to put your users off right from the start. 

Issues from back then were eventually sorted out via new app release 1.2.17 but recently the app has been playing around again. Where trips are send & confirmed, appear in main client but also appear open on the phone which prompts user to send again which some do which then generates new expense ID ….oh nightmare... I had to submit a new case….not sure what IFS will do I’m assuming just another release. 

Apart from your call have you submitted a support case as well? If you have Trip Tracker set up on your test environments it would be worth stopping the service and running it as console - then recreating the issue as best as you can - this will give you all the back-end info processes when Trip is being send & confirmed and submit it with your case (it will speed up things massively). Send me a message and I can take you through it if you have any uncertainties :) 

Thanks,

Kasia 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Kasia,

Many thanks for the reply. Glad we did not go ahead with it then.

We did raise a case with Support, GSO looked at it for a couple of weeks and concluded that it was almost certainly a size issue but they could not troubleshoot it due to lack of logs. They even used the method you describe. As R&D does not support Apps9 anymore, we could not get a correction.

V10 should not be too far away for us and we are looking at that route instead. When I saw your post, I had a moment of hope that it could be solved.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly,

Have a nice day,

Anne-Sophie

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello Anne-Sophie! 

You’re more than welcome! Yes, sometimes it’s better to wait. It’s a shame that they didn’t provide you with a release as this one is done slightly different and made available to you via IFS Touch Apps Cloud.  

V10 will probably operate much better, you will have to switch to Trip Tracker 10 :) 

Exciting. Good luck with your V10 route when it comes! 

Thanks,

Kasia 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Speaking of Trip Tracker 10, we are starting our Upgrade to Apps10 UPD 8 from Apps 9 UPD 11.   I was checking the IFS Applications 10 Validation Test Report - Update 8 (that lists the test steps that IFS performed on the particular release) and I can find nothing about Trip Tracker. I do see test steps for Mobile Work Order, but nothing related to Touch Apps. Does anyone know if Trip Tracker is actually support via Touch App in Apps 10 or with the coming of Aurena, is that how mobile expense reporting will be supported? 

Thanks

Kathleen L