Solved

Exchange Rate Agreement for Suppliers

• 28 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi,

Hope y’all are well.

I am facing an issue regarding Hedge Contracts. 

My client has some hedge contracts with banks, to set a fixed exchange rate, for a fixed period, for specific suppliers. I need to register those contracts and attach to specific suppliers in order to use the contract fx rate instead of the updated system one when invoicing.

I.e., I need to:

• Attach the bank agreements with the suppliers
  • To have a “expire” date in those agreements
  • The agreements must automatically fix/set the fx rate in new invoices

If it is not possible to make it automatically, at least set the fx rate per supplier.

Does anyone know how to do it? Any similar issue?

Thanks in advance

Any thoughts? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by AkilaR 28 June 2021, 11:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Luiz R ,

I believe IFS does not have standard functionality which can satisfy your above requirement. You can use different Currency Rate Type to define a Fixed exchange rate and assign it to the supplier. But it won’t be having a expiration date(Expiration will be based on the next Valid exchange rate) and therefore you will have to manfully check the Expiration which will be cumbersome job.

Since your requirement is to set the Fixed rate only for invoices following workaround will be work for if you are using App9 or App10. Introduce new tab in Supplier Master Data to enter the Exchange Rate with Valid from and To date. Then introduce a new event in Supplier Invoice window to trigger at saving point which will update the exchange rate referring newly introduced exchange rate tab in Supplier Master Data based on Invoice Date and Expiration date.

You can use standard Document Attachment functionality to attach the Agreement documents to Supplier Master Data.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Thank you @AkilaR! I will try it.