Question

Error on voucher line

• 27 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello,

I created a supplier invoice from an order, posted it using posting proposal, and used period allocation on the charge line before final posting.

I then tried to update this voucher to GL in order to get my X vouchers for period allocation (first time trying this process, so i’m testing it) and I got an error message on the M93 voucher line (see screenshot): 

I used same process as usual (except for allocation of period which is new) and did not enter more values that required in any field but I got this error and don’t seem to understand where it is coming from. 

PS : all code part values which are mandatory are filled for the account linked to M93.

Can anyone give some advice on it? 

Thanks

Tanya

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

This should be reported to support.  A numeric or value error can be caused by inappropriate data flowing to another area that cannot accept that type data. 

If this is 100% core IFS - no customizations / no custom attributes, it could be some flavor of a bug. 

For example, if an attribute allowed 30 characters of data entry, but the process receiving the same data only allowed 20 characters, you would receive this error. Similarly, if you have text, and try to send that to a date attribute, you will receive this error.   It would be unusual if core IFS had that issue, but it’s still possible, so that’s why I recommend a case. 

If you know that customizations exist, then you may wish to report this internally. 

Typically, the user process should not be able to produce that message, saving a record should fail / not be allowed. 

Best regards, 

Thomas