Solved

Error in Voucher Row - Wrong requirements for account 3400. Please check code part demands.

• 11 November 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +14

We are having an error in a voucher line ‘Wrong requirements for account 3400. Please check code part demands.’ In Account 3400, Region has marked as Mandatory. All the voucher entry lines with account 3400 have region value in their lines.

If I need to add the Region for any of those lines using a database script, what are those lines and will that data repair solve the error?
Kindly advise me.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 15 November 2021, 15:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I would prefer to allow the transaction to flow to GL by setting the code part demand to can.   Then fix the posting control and use the IFS function repost ledger item.. 

The repost ledger item will reevaluate the posting control and re-assign the invoice to the correct account string.  

Scripts to manipulate data are always discouraged especially when a standard user process exists that can fix the issue.  Furthermore the script may not affect all of the necessary tables.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +14

@Thomas Peterson, Thank you very much for the opinion and I will try this :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,
In your screenshot I can see that error message related to account 3400 is placed in the row of account 1500. As per my understanding then, problem is not in the voucher itself, but in row created during GL update, most probably by Automatic Posting Rules (APR). Please check if any APR is going to be triggered by this voucher, and what voucher rows it is adding. Most probably APR definition is not up to date. 

Badge +14

Hi @Adam Bereda, Thank you very much for your opinion.

I could find a Automatic Posting Rule and the values are set to %. As I understand % should allow any value. can you please advise me.

Badge +14

Hi Again, We’ve noticed that the customer connected to this line with account 1500, doesn’t have a APR.
Will this be solved, If I create a new APR under the same company ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,
As you can see, region is empty (instead of star) in second result row of APR.  I think that’s what is wrong - if Region is mandatory for account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Assuming this is test, you can temporarily set the code part demands to  can.  Allow the entry to flow to GL.  Review the posting line that created the 3400 account posting.   From that you will see the posting type / reason why the posting was created.   The fix the reason why the region was null. 

Obviously some rule is being triggered from the transaction and suggesting the account 3400 and we don’t  have a region.    Some rule is not doing what you wanted it to do (or just needs to be refined). 

The above may take a few minutes to allow the entry and find out what happened and why.  

The other option would be to investigate the rules in IFS (back tracking all the rules) to find a rule that affects the 3400 account for that transaction.  

Another option is to compare similar transaction that was created before setting the code part demand and tracking back to find why that transaction was created. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +14

Hi @Adam Bereda and @Thomas Peterson, I could solve this by adding ‘*’ to the region in APR and approved the voucher entry, then I have updated the GL. This issue was in PROD and I got advices to not to change code part demands.

Thanks again for all the opinion and I really appreciate your help.