Question

Emailing Invoices

• 11 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Right now we are emailing invoices manually. We create them, then we print them, then we email them in outlook. I am curious, how are others doing this in IFS. Do you set up invoices to email out automatically? If so, how do you do so, where do you store the emails for invoices per customer? 

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

It is very common for clients to automatically email invoices from IFS.  

The process uses IFS event server and the PDF created event with an action to email the PDF to the customers email address.  

Help has very good information on the process as well as many similar postings. 

In a nutshell it’s basically the same / similar set up we use to email purchase orders.  

As the invoice is printed (does not need to go to formal printer) IFS creates a PDF file. The event server then triggers an action to email that PDF to the email address found in parameter 1.  This the customers email address. 

I believe most if not all of my clients do some flavor of automated emailing using this same process.  

I’ve had a few clients who set a process that all invoices are emailed. For the few customer who can’t / don’t want an email invoice, that customer record would be set to use a generic email address such as Customer Service at my company. The customer service team then monitors the email address and when needed, print the invoice and mail it to the customer. This way - every customer is set the same / follow the same process - essentially. 

Best regards, 

Thomas