Question

EInvoice External Supplier Invoice - Stuck on Tax Code

• 20 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We are attempting to use IFS Connect EInvoice functionality to create External Supplier Invoice from XML files.  We are getting stuck on the process requiring a Tax Code value.  Due to odd business process we cannot set a Tax Code in the XML or on the supplier.  We had tested using the External File Template (CSV) and this loads just fine without needing the Tax Code.

Anyone have any ideas on how to allow the Invoice to be created without requiring the Tax Code?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @K_Rock ,

When the Tax amount in the XML is zero or not specified ,the tax code is fetched from the Tax Free Tax code in Supplier/Invoice/Tax Information tab.Tax Free Tax Code field has been introduced in order to facilitate to load files with invoices which are not taxable.

And also please note that the Tax code is mandatory when tax amount is not equal to zero in external supplier invoice interface (If there is a Tax Amount in Line Information,it is mandatory to have a tax code)

However,you still have the option to manually adjust the values from Invoice Line Information and Invoice Tax Information window 

To access Invoice Line Information
-Go to External Supplier Invoice Load information window>Query for External Supplier Invoice load in>RMB Line >Invoice Information>RMB Line>Invoice Line Information

To access Invoice Tax Information
RMB Line while you are in External Supplier Invoice Line information window>Invoice Tax information

BR/Janith

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Janith Bandara,  Thank you for the detailed explanation.  I ran some additional test and beginning to understand the base feature more and more.

Scenario 1 Tax Free: In the XML node InvoiceTotalVatAmount - if I put in a 0, then it is looking to the supplier Tax Free Code (works as you described)

Scenario 2 Taxable: In the following XML nodes:

• InvoiceTotalVatExcludedAmount = 5
  • InvoiceTotalVatAmount = 1
  • InvoiceTotalVatIncludedAmount = 6

It will still look to the Tax Free code on the supplier.  I’ve attempted to populate the Tax Code in the XML Node: SellerOrganisationTaxCode - but this doesn’t seem to work.

Is there an option to disable this functionality? When doing the external file template with a CSV it doesn’t check any of this for Tax Codes.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@Janith Bandara 

I cannot set the Tax Code through the XML.  What node am I supposed to use?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @K_Rock ,

Tax code is not facilitated to be sent via the XML. Tax code is an Internal
value defined by the user. Therefore, for the same tax percentage, there can be different tax codes defined in different companies

Instead of sending the Tax code via XML, Application has facilitated the flow of fetching tax codes from External Supplier Invoice tax codes window based on Tax Percentage, Supply Country and Delivery country

BR/Janith

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Janith Bandara,

To confirm there is no way to turn this functionality off or disable this.  Right now we are looking to pursue a custom event that will delete the tax code after the external supplier invoice has been created and copy the tax amount of a comment line into a custom tax field.

I appreciate all your help.

Thanks!