Solved

e-invoice tax code is not fetched from extern. supp. inv. tax code

• 7 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi 

Ive been trying that the system goes to the external supplier invoice tax codes when loading an e-invoice xml file.

The system will always fetch the tax code from the supplier window

i dont have a delivery nor a supply country. But as far as the help says it will get the default value from either document adress and company window. If i delete the tax code from the supplier it will get into an error.

How can i make the tax code fetched from the external supplier ionvoice tax code window?

icon

Best answer by Ralph Gericke 5 May 2022, 08:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Per my experience the tax code is not a national standard, in other words, the IFS client may set up tax code X yet the supplier may send X1.   It’s possible for a given country that perhaps that country has a national tax code standard. but globally their is no standard. 

I don’t believe it is “correct” to consider the supplier provided tax code as it can be different from what has been presented in IFS.  Invoice creation would fail. It should not be a requirement to then set up tax codes X1, X2, X3, X4 just because he supplier sends a different tax code for the same tax percent / same usage.  I’ve seen many examples of tax codes where the supplier calls it an apple and the IFS client calls it an orange. 

I believe the supplier in IFS should be configured correctly such that the tax and tax code is correct for a given invoice.   

Based on a large number of global clients 9my experience), I believe IFS is working correctly. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi, 

Per my experience the tax code is not a national standard, in other words, the IFS client may set up tax code X yet the supplier may send X1.   It’s possible for a given country that perhaps that country has a national tax code standard. but globally their is no standard. 

I don’t believe it is “correct” to consider the supplier provided tax code as it can be different from what has been presented in IFS.  Invoice creation would fail. It should not be a requirement to then set up tax codes X1, X2, X3, X4 just because he supplier sends a different tax code for the same tax percent / same usage.  I’ve seen many examples of tax codes where the supplier calls it an apple and the IFS client calls it an orange. 

I believe the supplier in IFS should be configured correctly such that the tax and tax code is correct for a given invoice.   

Based on a large number of global clients 9my experience), I believe IFS is working correctly. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Hi Thomas

I dont think IFS is working incorrectly. The XML File (imported invoice) doesnt come with a tax code. It comes with a tax percentage.

I would like that the tax code fetches the tax code from the  Window called “external supplier invoice tax code” instead from the supplier TAB invoice/Tax information. in App10 it was working like this. Now my question is how do i switch that the imported invoices fetches the tax code from the mentioned window? Do I have to setup the file differently or do changes in the parameters or setup the taxes differently?

Best Regards

Sophal

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Sophal!

According to my knowledge this should work in same way in IFS Cloud as in APP10. If basic data is set up the same and it doesn’t work in IFS Cloud I assume we may have a problem in the code and you have to report this as a case.

Best regards, 

Linda

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi the solution is the following:

it needs a Certain TAG in the invoice Row in order to find the tax code:

<InvoiceRow>

<RowSubIdentifier>1</RowSubIdentifier>

<RowVatRatePercent>00.00</RowVatRatePercent>

<RowVatAmount AmountCurrencyIdentifier="EUR">0.00</RowVatAmount>

<RowVatExcludedAmount AmountCurrencyIdentifier="EUR">19520.00</RowVatExcludedAmount>

<RowAmount AmountCurrencyIdentifier="EUR">19520.00</RowAmount>

</InvoiceRow>

Best Regards

Sophal

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Sophal,

i case you would like to use delivery and supply country you can add the tags as follows: