Solved

Duty Charges on Imports

• 20 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello, 

Thank you for taking the time to read my question. 

Essentially, I have a customer that records duty charges (historical fixed values) on the supplier for purchase part which then gets applied to the purchase order accordingly. 

However, Duty Charges come through as a deffered statement from the HMRC and not as a form of a supplier invoice. These duty charges need to be matched as when the PO is received, the charges will sit with the PO value in the GRNI until it can be matched. 

The issue is that the HMRC are not providing a full breakdown and only provide a weekly final figure - which is tricky to match against as we don't know which lines need to be matched. 

Have you ever come across this situation and how the standard process normally work. 

I would have initially gone back to the actual submissions to the govt, but the customer has a third party logistics company do this for them. 

Any help would be appreciated :) 

Thank you

Mish

icon

Best answer by jabous 20 November 2020, 14:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi, I like the detail of your question and it helps understanding the issue/topic being asked.  In my opinion, it doesn’t seem to be that it is necessary to record the matching of PO against HMRC statement. Therefore all it matters in here is the amount to be reconciled. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This issue has been reported many times to R&D, it is on the IFS Idea Wall 

Per R&D, :” I have studied the reported issue, but the answer is unfortunately that the same design remains as in Apps 7.5. Here you may have found the earlier solutions 171984 and 183720, where it has been concluded that the changes required to accomplish including charges in the Received - Not yet invoiced report would require some completely new design to handle. This was deliberately excluded when the arrival charges postings were added due to the complexity and time to handle, and is clearly mentioned in the spec as follows: General Delimitations section 1.4 4. With current solution, the “value” of the charges will not be included in the received not yet invoiced (RNYI) report. The RNYI report will only display the values booked on M10. 

We have discussed adding a separate report or separate section in the RNYI  eport for the charges, but we will not do that at this moment. If we should do this in the future, I think we must keep the charges separated from the “normal” receipt lines, because otherwise we will get into really complicated situations with quantities etc. Some of the complexity lies in that a charge
cost can be distributed amongst several PO lines and in some cases the charge cost could be included in inventory value and some cases not. For a specific charge  it could in fact be a mixture that some part is included in a parts inventory value and the rest is considered a “pure” cost. Hence calculating and displaying this correctly is a challenge.

Further there would be a need to have some completely new logic that can handle Closed Date for charges. The whole current functionality for Closed Date is only applicable to the Purchase Receipt record, and there is no way the current Closed Date can be incorporated for charges as well since charges are matched separately. Hence the conclusion is the answer is No to both questions raised. Bug 96064 was created initially to introduce some overview window for Purchase Order Charges. But later it was confirmed that the customer needed something similar to RNYI report and
a Charges overview window would not be useful.

Entered on the IFS Idea Wall: https://ideawall.ifsworld.com/ideaboxes/55127c239a8c16a51f29cc3c/ideas/587fac90420f87f71b38aacb  Note: There are currently no plans within RnD to develop this functionality for Apps 9.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thank you both so much for your responses. 

My suggestions to the customer will be as follows: 

• Using a supplier overhead invoice to combat unmatched GRNI
  • Request that the transport company who submits the report to HMRC provides them with a breakdown. This will allow them some way of identifying the charges individually and matching this with HMRC provided weekly statements

If you do have any other suggestions for a workaround - please do email me

I appreciate all the support :) 

Thank you

Mish