Solved

Default Depreciation Method When creating a New Object/Asset

• 2 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am pretty new to IFS, still getting a full understanding of all the connections within it.  My question is, our company is going from SL HY dep to SL BP depreciation.  So, obviously, when creating a new object/fixed asset, it defaults to SL HY depreciation method. 

Where is the proper place for me to update this default method to SL BP when a new object is being created, is it under the object group > Dep Method and Books?  Or is there a spot under Basic Data Fixed Assets where I can just check a box (which my coworker thinks but we couldn't locate it)? 

If I change the dep method to SL BP under the object group does this affect all of the previous SL HY depreciation objects once I switch the method?  Or does this just change the def dep method moving forward on any new objects being created?  As I said I am pretty green with IFS, last thing I want to do is make a change and blow the whole system up lol.  Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 4 August 2022, 18:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Moved to Finance section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Peter,

Changing the depreciation method in the object group will not affect the already created objects.

It's applicable only for the new new objects you create. Object group just fills the default values when creating new objects. Even after you create the object you have the option to change the dep method.

Best Regards

Shehan Almeida.

Badge +2

Awesome, thank you so much Shehan!