Solved

Data concerning template...is used by report in progress

• 22 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi all,

I can not find an existing question that covers this, but please point me to one if I just missed it. What am I doing wrong if I am trying to adjust a row template and get an error message stating that:

“Data concerning template ‘_____’ is used by report in progress”

Thank you,

Scott

icon

Best answer by Nancy Fink 23 August 2022, 17:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

go to report archive and see if the report generator report is there -- if so -- delete it and confirm if the template can now be edited. 

Badge +3

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your quick reply! We tried that and are still getting the same error. The lines that we deleted from the report archive did not have the “Printed” box checked. Do you know if that might have anything to do with it?

We had this same issue a while back, but it seemed to have “cleared itself” overnight somehow. Do you know if there is something that might be causing them to get “stuck”?

Thanks again,

Scott

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I have seen this get locked before in older versions.   (solution ID:   50558).   

I’m not sure if the sql’s in that solution would still be valid in the version you are running.   

You can try running below sql and if you have anything returned you may need to log a support case to get the status changed to a 3.     

Select a.company, a.column_template_id, a.row_template_id, b.report_id, b.instance_id,b.rowversion
from report_template_tab a, finrep_archive_tab b
where a.company=b.company
and b.status=1
and a.report_id = b.report_id

Badge +3

That did bring back the two examples of this issue, so I will log a support case. Thank you so much!

Do you know why / how this happens?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Unfortunately I have never been able to recreate this --- I suspect a user ending their task while report running -- but I was never able to recreate that in our CORE product