Solved

Customer unfriendly error message when deleting customer contact

• 26 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

A customer contact which is not longer valid shall be deleted. In Case that this contact has been used e.g. in a customer order which has been Invoiced/Closed, the contact person can not longer be removed. If you try to delete the contact system checks whether any business objects refers to that customer contact and an error message appears:

The information message 'The customer contact X is used by Y rows in another object (Business object contact)' is not really helpful for the user. The message does not list

1. Which particular objects are affected 
  2. Explain that it is possible to enable the checkbox 'Blocked for Use' in the mask ‘Person’ to block this Person ID for use as new customer contact and for CRM functionalities

After enabling the checkbox ‘Blocked for Use’ it is visible in Customer Contact 360 mask and in Customer's contact tab.

icon

Best answer by Thanushi Jayaweera 26 May 2021, 18:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Georgios Schmidt ,

Can you check if the contact has been used in the below window?

Business Activity > Contacts tab

Best Regards,
Thanushi​​​​​​​

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi Thanushi,

I am sorry that is not a question but an new Idea based on Solution (293731). I has been placed wrong in this category but I am not able to cancel it as it seems. But thanks for the answer nevertheless.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Georgios Schmidt ,

If your requirement is to have a change in the format of core error message appearing, then you will have to raise this request with RnD (to check the possibility of doing it).

However, I doubt whether a change would be made in error message including guidance on how to correct it. However, you may still check the possibility of doing this with RnD.

Best Regards

Sugandi

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Georgios Schmidt ,

Thanks for letting us know. You can enter it as an idea in the Idea section for RnD to consider it for their next releases. Apologies for my mistake :relaxed:

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Georgios Schmidt 

Hope you are doing well.

if you want to change the error message text, you can request it from the R&D team with the new changing requirement. kindly please check the possibility for this with the RnD team.

Regards
Shan

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Thanks Shan and Sugandi, I had already requested from RnD (Solution 293731) and RnD asked me to post it as idea in IFS Community if customer requirement exists because it is not an application issue. It is just customer undfriendly error message.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Idea: Customer unfriendly error message when deleting customer contacts | IFS Community