Question

Customer Statement of Account

• 28 September 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The customer wants to send a customer of statement automatically to the customers.

He has created a report schedule as shown below:

The question is : how to connect the system with customer contact so that we can send the customer statement of account per customers automatically?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Thanushi Jayaweera ,

Kindly follow up the below steps

1. First Add the contact details in Customer Contact tab
  1. Setup the AR Customer Contact information under the Payment tab in Customer.  Output Media is E-Mail.

Refer the below article for more details with screenshots.

https://community.ifs.com/finance-financials-42/emailing-customer-statement-of-account-6377

Best regards,
Kalhari.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Thanushi Jayaweera,

You can do that through an Event Action. You can set up the Event action as I have shown below. 

Regards,

Shanuka.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Thanushi Jayaweera,

There is event actions to send an email when a PDF report created. Hope this would help to cater to you requirement. Please refer below screen preview. 

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello ,

thank you for your answers. But I need to send in automatic batch each month the statement of account of our customers. the solution you offer me, the event is triggered when the user sends print customer statement of account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

The event action is triggered when the statement is printed.  The event is based on the PDF fie being created.  The scheduled report (if done correctly) will create the report archive record - the PDF created event action will send the email and attached PDF to the customer. 

Assume we run the statement for 100 customers, assume all customers are set to receive the statement via email.  Also assume the steps above have been followed (i’m pretty sure they are correct) you should get 100 emails created and sent to the 100 customers with an attached PDF for that customer.

The only reason I’m pretty sure this will work is because I did a “quick” review of the previous suggestions - they appear good. It should work. / It will work. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello , 

below the steps : 

Example Customer : 

Event Action : 

report scheduled : 

report archive : (the Pdf report is created ) 

I wanted to test on a single client. and I still do not receive the statement of account

regards !

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Event Action : 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

When debugging an issue, how to do X, it’s always best to start simple then expand.  

Your event condition lists two different variables.   If this was me… I would trigger the event only based on the report.  Then if that works, expand to consider the layout. 

Also, I (me) would run the statement manually first.   If that works then the issue may be the way the report is scheduled.  

Do you know if other emailing events work?  

Assume you have never set up an event to end email.  Do you know the email’s process from an event works? 

If this is the first event action created to send an email, then try setting the event to trigger a message (streams message and application message) .  If the message is received then the issue could be the email set up.   

Not knowing anything about your environment / what is currently known to be set up and working,

Without knowing if “other” events are successfully emailing in that environment, I would start with that first. Probably create a new event action to send a message (not an email) and get that working first. Then move to the emailing as the real  solution. 

Hope this helps, 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello , 

I found the origin of issue . 

the problem is :  in &PDF_PARAMETER_1 thte system take it null even if I have correctly configured the customer contact . as you see below  : 

Payment tab : 

Error Message : 

Thank you.

Badge

Hello, is there a solution for this? I am encountering the same issue where PARAMETER_1 has no value when scheduling Customer Statement of Account. Is there a Permission set needed or something else? Is it possible to Schedule Customer Statement of Account and use an Event Action of type E-Mail (PDF_REPORT_CREATED) to send E-Mail to the AR Customer Contact?

Badge +2

Hello , 

I found the origin of issue . 

the problem is :  in &PDF_PARAMETER_1 thte system take it null even if I have correctly configured the customer contact . as you see below  : 

Payment tab : 

Error Message : 

Thank you.

Hi!

Were you able to sort this issue? I also have the same issue but, in my case I’m not scheduling the report.

Badge

Well, we are not using Scheduled reporting of Customer Statement of Account using IFS standard functionality at the moment. I placed a case with IFS and got the following answer:

When ordering a customer statement of account through the navigator item, the code is written to create separate result keys based on the grouping criteria such as output media, language. However, if the same report is ordered using order report which is supported by foundation, it only creates one result key, therefore only one report will be created in the report archive without considering grouping criteria.

System uses the same logic as used in order report when scheduling customer statement of account and creates only one result key in the report archive. There is no workaround as such to schedule the e-mailing of customer statements since the functionality is not supported in our core application.

This has been submitted as an enhancement request for future versions.