Solved

Customer Statement is emailed out when previewed

• 24 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

Customer Statement of Account APPS9

When the user runs the Customer Statement of Account and hits the preview button the statements get emailed out immediately. Has anyone had the same issue? 

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 24 February 2022, 03:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Check for your event that is sending the customer statement when a pdf is created.  Every time you preview, it is actually creating a new pdf.  There is a standard event that will send the newly created pdf to the connected emails. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

hi @taenaren,

Customer’s output media may be set as ‘Email’. Kindly check the customer basic data. Refer below screen preview for easier reference.

Best Regards

Narmada

Badge +5

Hi,

Yep - we want them to go out. And yes the customer media is set up to send.

It seems risky to send on Preview, and more logical for the user to check the file first and confirm no issues then click ok to send. So the event triggers on the click - not the file generation.

I’m wondering if there is a way to not send the pdf until the user explicitly clicks on the OK button.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I believe the event can be changed to trigger on the pdf being printed, rather than created.  That creates different complications in that you need a way to ensure they are really printed.  But I actually think that is better than the alternative.

Badge +5

That sounds good. I’ll investigate. Thank you.