Solved

Customer Sales Part Discounts

• 25 January 2024
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I am hoping for some guidance from the community. We are currently looking into creating % discounts to customers for all of their sales parts. I was looking through the help, and there seems to be numerous locations where sales part discounts can be applied, but I am not certain where the best place to set this up would be. 

Below is an example of what I’m hoping to do:

1/1/24 - 12/31/24

Customer A 2% discount on all Sales Parts

1/1/24 - 12/31/24

Customer B 1% discount on all Sales Parts

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Buddhika Kurera 26 January 2024, 04:46

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@cjohnson It seems like you are referring to Customer specific Discount.

You can use the mentioned section in the following page

Application Base Setup > Enterprise > Customer > Customer > Sales

When a Customer Order line is entered for a Customer Order created for this customer, this discount is applied and then if required, the discount can be modified in the Customer Order line. So it satisfy you requirement of enabling the discount for all sales part for the specific customer.

In the Customer Order Line

A limitation of this approach is the inability to set the date range. Is it an essential requirement?

Hope this helps !

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Buddhika Kurera Thank you. Is it also possible to discount parts based on how quickly the customer pays their invoice?

As an example, if Customer A is Net 60 but they pay Net 30, they receive a discount of 5%. Taking the price of their part from the listed $100 to $95.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@cjohnson Yes this is possible, it is possible to give an additional discount which affects the all customer order lines. Use the Additional Discount (%) field in Order Details tab of the Customer Order

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Buddhika Kurera Thank you. I’m assuming that has to be applied manually after the customer receives the original invoice and pays early, correct? You would then add the additional discount % and re-invoice them?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@cjohnson After the invoice is created and sent, this field cannot be edited. Till the invoice is created, the discounts in Customer Order side can be used. Afterwards the deductions needs to be handled from the Account Receivable side. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Buddhika Kurera Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

In order to apply a discount to customers who pay early, this can also be catered for using the setup on the payment term instalment, by applying a discount based on the number of days till the due date. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Ieva Rituma Is that on the Customer record? I do not see that on the payment terms. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

This is defined on a Payment term. 

The screenshot is from Aurena, but the same applies in EE client. The difference is that the discount details are added from a Right-Mouse-Button rather than a command button against the instalment line.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Ieva Rituma Thank you!