Question

CUSTOMER_PMT_RECEIVED Event

• 21 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

On Apps 10 UPD16  the system defined event CUSTOMER_PMT_RECEIVED is firing for customers when we have an unallocated payment on their account. When they have this payment, but prior to it being allocated, the sum of payment + outstanding orders > credit limit - so the corresponding action will fire.

When the payment is allocated shortly after they are below the limit, but it has still fired.

Has anyone else experienced this issue / found a way around it. 

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Do you mean they are being credit blocked while still under their credit limit?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

No blocking occurs - when the Check Cashing Proposal is created it puts it as a Debit on the account. Which is Credited when it acknowledged. This additional Debit can cause the event action to fire - as Calculate Credit Info is not running they do not go on block - but if it was ran between Creating and Acknowledgement it would not surprise me if they do go on block

eg. Credit Limit = £5,000

Balance £2,600 Debit

Customer Pays £2,600 via Bank Transfer which is logged by Finance

CUCHECK £2,600 Debit - Generated at Creating of Check Cashing Proposal and the event fires

CUCHKPO £2,600 Credit - Generated at Acknowledgment of Check Cashing Proposal.

We are using the event to alert finance to a payment from a customer that is over their Credit Limit - so at the moment they are getting a lot of garbage notifications!

Thanks,

Matt

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Can you try using credit control messages within the credit management basic data?   

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion - but I don’t think that will work. In Apps 10 it says ‘Customer: Payment Received for Credit Blocked/Credit Exceeded’ - interesting to note the difference with your screen shot.

Am I correct in thinking yours is from IFS Cloud?

If so - perhaps this is a case of IFS having discovered something doesn’t work and rather than fix bug they’ve just taken it away! Or I could just be too much of a cynic.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You are correct - we are working in IFS Cloud.

As for APPS10, we have been successfully using the credit messages.  It is always possible a bug has surfaced.   

Can you attempt to rewrite the event around a different trigger?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Just to update - IFS identified this as a bug and fixed it, to an extent.

It now fires correctly - but sends two messages when it does fires. Two steps forward, One step back.

It has left the questioning due-diligence on coding.