Question

Customer Overpayments Directed to a Sub Ledger Account

• 17 November 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi

I came across a post in the community from a year ago which dealt with the question - ‘How can I write off a  customer over payment?

Part of the conversation outlined the below.

If there is a over payment you can use a difference item  option and settle the amount same time you make the payment. It can be done in many windows such as Customer check, Mixed payment, Customer payment.

Our requirement is different from the initial question given that we would like to implement a process/solution to move overpayments to a subledger account and clear these payments out at a later/future date.

Would what has been suggested above (Customer Check, Mixed Payment or Customer Payment work for our situation and if so are there particular Posting Controls that we would have to setup to achieve this?

I thought about such Posting Controls as IP21 Customer Claims, Difference Item and PP8 Customer Claims, Pre- Payment but most probably I’m way off base with these thoughts.

Any comments/assistance that the community might have on the issue would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments