Question

CUSTOMER OFFSET ON AVANCE INVOICE

• 4 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 4 replies

I would like to apply a portion of an amount of advance invoice on customer invoice.

So I did a customer offset on advance invoice and CUPOA and i have the following error message “advance invoices are not allowed”.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello,

Advance invoice cannot be offset. Advance payments can be offset. You must receive a payment against advance invoice. The payment will be CUPIA transaction. Then you can offset  positive CUPIA with a negative CUPIA.

Hope this helps

Badge +2

Thanks for your answer.

So i have a payment against the advance invoice.

But i am not able to offset the cupia 10 with another cupia (Then you can offset  positive CUPIA with a negative CUPIA)

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @FABPO 

For all CUPIA transactions you are in payable position (they are all negative value). To make an offset, you must have at least 1 debit and 1 credit transaction. 

I understand your case but your transactions are not correct. You had to create an advance invoice with negative value, then make a payment to customer so your new CUPIA would be a positive value. Only after this you can offset positive and negative CUPIA transactions.

Badge +2

Thanks, I have generated a partial payment via mixed payement, raison why I have a negative CUPIA.

According to you, which transaction generates a positive CUPIA?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello

You can create an advance invoice with a negative value. Then your CUPIA will be a positive value.