Question

Customer Invoice - Delivered Not Invoiced Posting Solution đź’ˇ

• 18 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi, 

Thank you for taking the time to read this question, please let me know if you have any ideas on how to tackle this :) 💡

Would there be any way to post the invoice into to a preliminary account as “Prelim-posted” to capture the delivered but not invoiced transactions on the customer order side?

For example, 

COGS is recognised at Deliver Order. Upon the creation of the invoice would it be possible to post this to a preliminary account, to then be moved to the trade receivables account upon Printing the Invoice? 

Thank you :) 

Mish  

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You could try using GL Automatic Posting Rules, set up to always create a new transaction when goods are delivered, and another rule to clear this at the point of printing the invoice. This would do it completely automatically, but the negative is that it will create a lot of extra postings.

Is the issue that the customer doesn’t want to create invoices right after delivery and this often happens past month end? In that case, another way to deal with this could be a report at the period end for all COs delivered, but not invoiced, which generates a voucher entry format report front sheet. Users can then import this report directly. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Have you looked at Interim Posting of Outstanding Sales? This should create a revenue accrual for the COGS that hasn’t yet been invoiced. Alternatively the “Outstanding Sales” sales window will show you where a COGS has been posted but not invoiced so you can manually reverse the posted COGS using an interim voucher.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Mish/Craig 

Greetings :-) Hope you are both well.

As Craig mentions, the Interim Posting of Outstanding Sales was designed to help with this:

Sales\Invoicing\Interim Posting of Outstanding Sales

I believe that this creates a voucher to effectively accrue the Sales and then reverses in the next period.

I find this is not always appropriate so for Fujichem (who Mish knows) I created a Quick Report that effectively creates the output for an external GL Voucher that can be posted to reverse the Cost of Sales postings (instead of accruing the Sales). That was appropriate because the goods were delivered on IFS but not in the real world.

Mish - email me if you want me to send you the code.

Cheers,

Graham