Skip to main content
Question

customer check payments for different payers/customers

• 16 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Is there an IFS page (IFS cloud 23r1) where we can create a customer check payment and match customer invoices irrespective of the payer? 

My understanding from the IFS client requesting this functionality is that they have lot of ‘retail’ customers where the association between payer and customer does not exist, and any customer can pay invoices on behalf of any other customer. 

3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

We can use ‘Other Payee’ in Customer for this purpose and get the payments from other payee instead of Invoicing customer. However, there is issue relating to this and fixed in recent releases. Please refer below post for more info.

"Other Payer" functionality in Customer Payment IFS Cloud (Multiple Invoice Matching) | IFS Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I’m sorry but something does not compute.   Assume two customers Bob and Nancy.  They have absolutely no connection.   In my vast experience, Bob will never ever pay for Nancy’s invoices, and Nancy will never ever pay for Bob’s invoices.  Similarly, I would never pay your hotel bill (nothing personal). 

If however, Bob and Nacy are somewhat related, yes, I can see that and that’s the way the other payer works. 

Long ago, I did a mod for a large client based on other payer, this simply extended the concept to allow multiple levels.  On other words Bob was connected to Mary, Mary was connected to Mike, Mike was connected to Ann. At least that’s how I believe that mod worked (that was 20 years ago). 

So… IMO these customers you describe really are connected.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +2

You are correct. That is the scenario. Bob and Nancy are customers with AR invoices posted. In the first month, Bob will send a check paying for his and Nancy’s invoice. In second month, Nancy may send a check to pay her invoices and Bob’s invoices.  

Payer connection is not known since the check can come from any customer. The key requirement being IFS should create a customer check on a customer (Bob or Nancy depending on who sent the check) but any invoice can be matched against it (could be Bob’s invoice, Nancy’s or any other customer for that matter).