Customer Advance Invoice Payment

• 28 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Community,

We are first time using Customer Advance Invoice and Payment. Advance Invoice is easy to create, but we have problem doing payment. which window we should go with? 

1. Financials>Accounts Receivable>Customer Payment
  2. Financials>Cash Book>Mixed Payment

appreciated if you had some operation manual or screenshots. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Ralph Gericke 28 June 2023, 14:33

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Ronhu,

if you find the payment on your bankstatement and you post the bank statement in mixed payment I would recommend to use mixed payment. You just enter the advance invoice id and the payment amount and the besides the offset of the payment and the open amount of the advance  invoice an CUPIA Custoimer payment on advance is shown on the customer open items but posted against the account defined in PP36 (incl. tax).

When the final invoice is created the CUPIAS are automatically offset with the final invoice (incl. tax)

Regards

Ralph

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Ralph Gericke Thank you for your update.

AR told me, they are using Financials>Accounts Receivable>Customer Payment and they are facing below error. does the basic data CUPIA payment(customer payment in advance) document number series has to be defined?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

You need to define a payment document number series for CUPIA (in my Case CUPIA=KU-ANZ)

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

You might check the payment numbering series here as well:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Ralph Gericke Thank you again.

question for this number series. this is a payment document number, correct, it will show up in below highlighted box, correct? but what is Preliminary Payment ID beside it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Ron,

as long as this payment is not approved you will have a Prel.Number. Once it is approved you will have a Payment ID.

The error here i9s coming from the line that you entered. As explained before the system will offset the paid amount from the Advance Invoice and create a CustomerPaymentInAdvance Item (CUPIA) that will remain as a liability on the customer and the PP36 account.

One of the disadvantages of this functionality is that you are limited to one currency.
You are more flexible in this case with mixed payment.

Regards

Ralph

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Ralph Gericke Appreciated your support.