Question

Currency Revaluation - AP

• 12 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Currency revaluation process allows user to revalue AP balances with specific currency rate defined in the currency rate type.

Our customer needs to revalue supplier invoices with different currency rates where in the same GL AC since they engaged in to forward contracts with banks for those invoices and need to revalue with that rate.

Is there any work around to facilitate this requirement? Ex: Exclude selected invoice from revaluation process or modify currency rate before create voucher in currency revaluation process.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Narmada,

You do this , basically you need to define the New Currency Type Master and update the Currency Rates accordingly and in Currency revaluation accounts screen you can add the currency type against the revaluation account to revalue with the desired currency rate type.

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

HI Mukesh Gupta,

Thanz for your promt feedback. However in this scenario one GL Account have multiple invoices which need to be revalued with different rates as it has hedging transactions.

Best Regards

Narmada 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Narmada,

Were you able solve this issue? If yes, I am curios to know how it was solved.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Gayan,

I gave workaround to the customer since there are no solution in standard IFS application. noted below for your reference.

1. Create custom field in Manual Supplier Invoice window & asked user to update the hedge rate in that field
  2. Do currency revaluation as normal way.
  3. Create Report to get the value difference  of closing exchange rate  and hedge rate. (Get the revalued invoice detail from ‘AP/AR Revaluation Transaction Analysis’ window & check weather is there any hedge rate available for those invoices by passing Supplier ID & Invoice series & invoice no into ‘Manual Supplier Invoice’ Window)

Hope this information would be useful for you.

BR/Narmada

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I have a customer that does this and the workaround has two options:

1. At time of posting supplier invoice, record the forward currency rate for these purchases if known (update the supplier currency rate type and rate value on header)
  2. At time of payment, use the forward currency rate agreed in the contract at each time you process the payment (has to be done thorugh mixed payment only)

No need for custom fields here, as the revaluation just uses the rate type on the account setting against each different rate used on the invoice / payment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

just my thoughts…

For the calculation you can also use the supplier ledger revaluation report with a specific currency rate type if we are talking about specific suppliers being subject to this handling.

Else you might use a payment term to post these invoices (IP1 based on supplier group and payment term) on a separate AP GL account. In this case you dont have any additional calculation effort. 

Best regards

Ralph