Question

Currency differences

• 21 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi

I have the following issue:

My company currency is in CHF (swiss Francs).

I create an invoice for 100 EUR with the currency rate of 1.2 = 120 CHF

Now i create a Payment in CHF → 120 CHF but the currency rate went down to 1.4 =  with the currency rate of 1.4 = 71.43 EUR.

Therefore the Swiss Franc of 120 CHF is in Balance but the EUR amount is unbalanced and the invoice is still open. I also get wierd postings

as you can see from the picture, it creates me an PP13 exchange difference fo 17.15 and the currency amount with 0.

My Question:

How do i setup such kind of case? I would like that the company currency is in balance so the Currency balance (EUR). I expect that the I can create a currency Loss for the remaining amount.

Appriciate any solution.

Best Regards

Sophal

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi 

Please send the mixed payment - payment record.  It would be nice to see how the payment was entered. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Taking a guess - the payment was entered in IFS incorrectly.  Hypothetically if the invoice was fully paid the postings would have been different.   If we enter the payment incorrectly - trying to “manually” manage the currency difference, the invoice would remain with a partial balance and the posting lines would match the data presented. 

That’s why it would have been interesting to see the actual payment record.  It’s better to see the payment than to take a guess, as I have done here. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

Looking at your voucher you have done partial payment.

120 CHF at rate 1.4  =  85.71 EUR, and this is amount paid for the invoice.  You need 140 CHF to close 100 EUR invoice - and on your bank account you have booked 120 CHF only…

I am not sure what was your intention - either you have paid to your supplier 100 EUR at rate 1.4 (bank charged you 140 CHF) -  or bank charged you 120 CHF, and in this case EUR rate must be 1.2 to pay invoice fully.

In mixed payment you should register transactions reflecting actual movements in bank.