Solved

Credit hold

• 3 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Is there a way to prevent zero dollar orders from going on credit block?  

Example customer is being sent a replacement at no charge, the account is currently at/over their credit limit.  The order is automatically being placed on hold as exceeding the credit limit.  How can we eliminate the step of manually releasing these orders?

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 4 March 2022, 06:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

hi @dkjensen,

You can use ‘Credit block’ flag in the customer window (Credit Info). It is not allowed to release the order when we flagged this check box as TRUE. please refer below 2 screen preview for easy reference.

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

This is the opposite answer to what the OP is asking.  He wants the zero dollars to go through on a customer which is already setup to be credit blocked and on hold because there is over the limit.

IFS won’t allow some orders to go through based on order value as an out of the box condition.  It would require a custom event or program to look for customer orders at zero value where the customer is also over the limit on credit and then the function would need to auto handle the order to allow release.

If this is a condition that happens often enough to require automation, I would think there are bigger issues than the software requiring extra steps to remove the hold.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

hi @ShawnBerk

Noted and thankyou very much. Yes, I misunderstood the question & seems there is no option to remove the answer now. I’ll drop a message to dkjensen,

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

hi @dkjensen,

You can use ‘Credit block’ flag in the customer window (Credit Info). It is not allowed to release the order when we flagged this check box as TRUE. please refer below 2 screen preview for easy reference.

Best Regards

Narmada

hi @dkjensen ,

Please ignore my answer on this.

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Payment terms can be excluded from credit control.   You could set a payment term to reflect the replacement order and use that payment term on that customer order. 

I believe a better process would be to release the order from credit checks in the blocked orders. That customer has credit issues, I would suggest that even a replacement order should be reviewed and approved. 

Best regards, 

Thomas