Solved

Credit Control Within System

• 17 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi All,

We are about to GoLive on IFS10 and are looking to understand the functionality of the credit management system.

We have set up our collection path and our reminder letters etc but we would like to understand if we can place a query on invoices at customer level. For example, their product is not to the spec requested and as such they will not be paying us until the issue is resolved, we would place the customer in query and as such our aged debt report would exclude the queried customer.

We think we’ve found a way of doing this at invoice level, but are intrigued to know if we can do it at a higher customer level?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Narmada 17 June 2021, 12:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi,

You can add notes to customer using below RMB action in customer analysis window. Hope this would facilitate your requirement.

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks Narmada,

I then get the below error message when trying to process my note:

The Customer has the Credit Analyst populated within its initial set up as per below:

Is there something else missing from the set up please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

hi,

Please check below basic data setup

Further you can setup notes status in ‘Notes Status’ tab of the same window.

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Perfect, thank you very much for your help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Oliver,

I am really interesting to know that how you can use “ Credit Management Notes , specially invoice header notes” to temporary control customer’s credit management data calculation.  

As you have clearly explained, there is a way to control it in invoice level, but I think you want to take  the control over to the higher level ( that is on the customer level ) and suspend credit calculation and supplementary functionalities , until you settled the dispute.

I do not think that there is a straight forward way of doing that. You can assign the customer’s credit management to a different credit analyst and refrain the analyst in calculations…That is the only alternative way that came to my mind, unless you do a specific customization here. 

Perhaps, I completely misunderstood your requirement and Narmada’s previous reply  would have already settled your concern. Nevertheless, appreciate if you could share your experience with us, so that we all can learn.

Best Regards,

Chirantha.