Question

Credit card - mixed payments

• 28 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

we want to integrate our credit cards with IFS 9 to work with Expense Management module, but credit cards are used for both employee expense payments and also for standard supplier invoice payments. For that reason, I guess we will have to import bank statements of the credit card as Mixed Payments and split the transaction between Expense Management module (for Trip Tracker transactions) and standard accounting.

Has anyone had the same experience with a similar setup where the credit card payments are not just for expenses?

Additionally, I have seen the expense management training video from IFS saysing that there is a preset solution for AMEX cards, but I don’t see any further explanation on that.

AMEX is using statements in QFX, QBO, CSV and XML formats, but what is that “predefined process”? Does it mean that the mapping of AMEX bank statement is already done?

Thank you for your tips.

4 replies

Badge +2

From my interpretation the AMEX mapping is a manual setup. 

Badge +2

From my interpretation the AMEX mapping is a manual setup. 

That is what is a bit confusing - if the mapping process is manual, why the credit card type AMEX is listed in Card Format? 

P.S. has anyone made a mapping for AMEX? In CSV statements we are able to download are not mandatory data required by IFS Cloud mapping… I would be grateful for any example.

Badge +2

Confusing indeed.

The Card Format is maybe related to card number validations etc. but mapping the AMEX statement columns to load into the view CREDIT_CARD_TRANSACTION has to be done “not by IFS”. 

Who knows, maybe IFS will enlighten us all at some point.

Badge +2

Does anyone have an example of AMEX mapping? In this case it looks like their CSV statement does not contain enough information, not even to map the mandatory fields. I have never seen an example of this specific (AMEX) mapping.