Question

Create Customer Credit/Correction Invoice - Warning Service Crediting/Corrections

• 30 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear community.

I want to create a customer credit invoice for my Component Repair Order. When I do this via the Customer Order invoice i get this error..

ORA-20110: CustomerOrderInvItem.SERVICECREDITERR: Creating a credit/correction invoice is not allowed. Service crediting/corrections should be handled from the service itself. 

Does anyone know how i can create a credit/correction invoice?

Thanks.

David.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @david.harmer

I had Similar issue for the invoices generated through work task in Maintenance. Those invoice need to credited  from where it get generated. Sytem doesn’t allow to create correction/Credit from Customer Invoice window.

regards,

Praveen

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi David

I think below explanation is related to your issue and will be helpful to fix it. Please have a look.

“You cannot create Credit Invoice or Correction invoice from the customer invoice if the customer order related to this invoice is created from a work order. 
If the user tried to create credit invoice in Customer Invoice (via RMB >Create Credit Invoice), the background job goes to warning status and gives the warning text as you mentioned.
If the customer order is generated from a work order and you need to create credit invoice for this customer order. You have to do it from the work order.”

Thanks & Regards,
Sameera.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Wrong Invoice Type for service invoice,

Customer received error in the background job "ORA-20110: CustomerOrderInvItem.SERVICECREDITERR: Creating a credit/correction invoice is not allowed. Service crediting/corrections should be handled from the service itself.”

So I asked the customer to follow the steps in the test plan below to create a credit invoice.  This worked correctly, however the invoice created is a debit invoice (CD) not a credit invoice (CR).  

1-      Go to historical work order window and search for the particular work order no.

2-      RMB and select reopen (it goes to Prepare Work Order).

3-      RMB and select report in (it goes to Report in Work order).

4-      RMB and select Transfer to customer order.

5-     Select both lines.

6-      RMB and select Create Credit Invoice Line. - (Now two extra lines are created)

7-      Process the created customer order until invoiced closed.

8-      Now the amounts which were previously invoiced has been credited.

Regarding the Invoice Type being a CD instead of a CR, please read below from R&D. 

Per R&D, “There are a number of cases/tasks/enhancement requests reported for this issue and the explanation is explained below:  
"According to the current functionality in service management, transferred to Customer Order ends up on a Customer Order independent of if it is a positive or negative qty. I.e. even for Credit Invoiced Line, we will get a CO line created. So the process to create the debit invoice or credit invoice is no different, and any invoice created through Create Invoice in the Customer Order flow will always be set as a CUSTORDDEB which is connected to CD series.  
So we hope you understand that this is how this functionality handles currently and we don’t see this as a bug but a functionality which needs to be further improved in order to align with the supply chain side." 

See attached screen shots for APP8.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jabous , thanks for the detail reply. This error is coming from Invoices created by Component Repair Order not a Work Order, therefore I cannot follow those steps. 

Do you know what the steps are for Creating a Customer Credit Invoice for an invoice created from a Customer Order generated by a Component Repair Order?

I appreciate your detailed response.