Question

Create correction Tax report.

• 18 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Dear All,

How can you make a Correction Tax Proposal?

What does the correction Proposal Select? All transactions or only the transactions that are changed and later fetched  transaction via Fetch Tax ledger Info?

Thanks in advance for your reaction.

Regards Raymond

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi, Raymond, 
If you refer to this radio button “New proposal/Correction proposal”, I think key factor is “Correction type”.
It is attributed to tax report definition and drives the way correctiosn are created:

• “Replacement report” is replacing original tax proposal (which is marked as Reported/Invalid) - in such a case new proposal contains all taxt transactions included in original proposal plus any new transactions meeting currently proposal criteria. In Replacement case, i think, radio button is set to New Proposal.
  • Supplementary report is not touching original proposal, contains only new/corrected transactions meeting the report criteria and in this case radio is set to “Correction proposal” - as per my understanding.

I have always used “replacements reports” with possibility to delete some lines from new proposal.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Adam

sorry i am a bit confused… 

When generating a Replacement Report for a period whereby the report was already generated  and perhaps there were corrections done so the need to be replaced:

will the new replacement report contain all tax transactions included in the original plus any new (corrections) transactions meeting the the proposal criteria?

Or does the replacement report only reflect the corrections

Thanks

Mona

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

“Supplementary report” contains corrections only, while “Replacement report” contains all transactions (reeported previously + new/corrections)

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks,

There is no option to generate a “supplementary report”

The options I find are create a new Tax proposal

Once created one can Acknowledge the proposal

I am interested in after this has happened and should you need to for whatever reason create a new tax proposal - The RMB option create tax proposal allows for a correction proposal, in this correction proposal does it contain all transactions (reported previously + new/corrections)

Thanks

Mona

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

OK, So once again:

Tax proposal must be acknowledged, and, once tax output is provided to the authorities - finally printed (definitive report). At this step proposal status is changed to Reported/Valid and running new proposal for period reported already will result in correction proposal .
The way correction happens is defined by parameter included in tax report definition: correction type:

If it is “Replacement report”, as in your case, correction proposal will contain all transactions from previous version (proposal prevoiusly reported, please pay attention the previous proopsal will change status to Reported/Invalid) plus all new transactions falling into its criteria.

If it is “Supplementary report” - only new transactions will be fetched. 

Is it more clear now?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

100 percent clear 

Thank You super star Adam!