Question

Cost of Sales on a Non-Inventory Sales part

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

How can I get Cost of Sales to book on a non-inventory Sales Part.  I have put a cost on the Non-Inventory sales Part general tab.  I have also set up Posting Control M27 which says it is the contra-account for Cost of Goods Sold Non Inventory.  I never see an entry for Cost of Sales.   Invoice sales posts fine.

Thanks

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Have you setup Posting Type M26 - Cost of Sold Non-inventory Parts?

Did you deliver the customer order line for the non-inventory sales part?

Is a transaction created in Inventory Transaction History? If so, is it in error status?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Also check whether the parameter for “Delay Cost of Goods Sold to Delivery Confirmation” is selected in the Company/ Supply Chain Information/ Sales tab.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

M26 is set up, Customer order was delivered and Invoiced and is not in an error status.   I do not see any transactions for this in Inventory Transactions History

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Can you see the amount in the “Cost” field on the customer order line?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Delay Cost of Goods sold to Delivery Confirmation is not checked ( this is an invoice for lab services, hence the Non Inventory Sales Part

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Yes I do see Costs on the Order line and the order is showing the correct margin

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Is the User who performed the Delivery attached to a valid User Group?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Yes, if the person was not attached to a group then a transaction would have a posting error

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

What environment/version is this occurring in?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

App10 UPD9

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

All set, figured out the issue.   User error.   Thank you Sheri for responding