Question

Company Tax ID on Tax Transactions on Manual Vouchers

• 4 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 355 replies

Does anyone have any clue as to what drives the Company Tax ID that gets returned against M vouchers, please??

We are using Apps9 and have a company registered for Tax in various EU countries.  So far this year, a number of M vouchers have been raised and, as you can see below, they are retrieving sometimes our UK tax ID, sometimes BE, sometimes FR and sometimes none at all.  The Transaction Codes vary betWEEN AP1, AP2, MANUAL and INTERIM.  There is no Supplier or Customer or site being entered or retrieved so no obvious place that a Country is being returned.  

I still have a similar unresolved question about random Tax IDs being retrieved against Mixed Payments too.  

I did raise a case but it wasn’t picked up as Apps9 is out of support.  

Any shared experience/ideas from the “Community Collective Brain” would be much appreciated!  

Thanks

LInda

7 replies

Hello,
The column Company Tax ID Number holds the company tax number valid for the address specified in the Tax Transaction.
It is usually used in sales invoices - voucher type F when Invoice Address Id is given. I haven't found any examples
when it is used in M vouchers also address id is not filled with M vouchers. Maybe you have some customizations
accourding to that.
Best Regards,
Pawel Dworzynski

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks for confirming, @Pawel Dworzynski .  We don’t have any customisations against Company/Site so my search goes on, I’m afraid...

You can also check if those suspected M-vouchers have a common feature, for example all come from external vouchers or all are multicompany vouchers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Pawel

Thanks again.  Nothing common.  They are not multi-company or external - just a standard M/R voucher of month end accruals.  Generally the same user but not always, plus that user has 100s of other vouchers entered that DON’T show any Tax ID number.  

It is most frustrating!  Thanks for your continued engagement.  I’m curious to find out if anyone else in the community is experiencing the same.

LInda

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Depending on a setup, users can manually change / update tax number. 

Check your settings in this screen.  To see if this is the cause, you may want to consider history tracking on that attribute. This would show a before and after when the record is changed. 

Check that setting and verify if users can change the tax numbers.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Thomas Peterson 

Thanks but that changes the Tax Number (of the Supplier or Customer) not the “Company Tax ID” which is the one we have the issue with being wrong.

Linda

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yep, my bad.